Sunday, December 2, 2007

Question for the guys

Hey guys, do your wives seem to have "another" life online or is it just mine. I mean do they dump stuff onto you to do, and then you find them online blogging or e-mailing. Do you find yourself falling way down their list of priorities, you know behind kids( of coarse the kids I'm not that dumb) friends, blogs, shopping, phone calls, work and blogging again, sleep. Please let me know so I can find out if I'm the only one. You see my wife has me on priority # 12 or so, and guys we all know that we can't exactly just come out and talk to our wives about problems, we have to try to fix them ourselves or ignore them until we can't anymore. I know how that sounds but it is the truth for all of you women out there. I finally tried to talk to mine and for five strait days I was blown off. Well today we had a house showing and every time we have one the entire house is my responsibility. I finally had enough today and got pissed. I was ignored(she did say the house looked good though). She and Porter went to church for the early service. Usually no biggie but today she stayed for all of them and helped in the nursery. I have two final exams this coming week and homework for my cad class that has to be finished. Knowing all of this she decided not to come home until about one pm. She did manage to call on the way home so I could make them lunch. Great more dishes just what I need. Porter didn't nap again so guess who got him out of bed and played with him while someone was downstairs online. Time to go we have a showing, guys you will feel me on this one, the phone rings and of coarse she answers it and starts chating away. I get Porter ready(like I did for church this am because someone got to sleep in until 20 minutes before they left) the dogs have to be loaded into the durango and it is absolutely pouring outside. We get down to her moms house only a few blocks away and she says she doesn't want to wait there for the half hour she wants to take P-man to the Toy-House which was no big deal except for all of the HOMEWORK that I still have. We finally get home. Yes the rest of the night to get MY stuff done. RIGHT out comes the laptop in the living room and the internet comes up. I sit down at my computer and check my e-mail and I hear why don't you go to the store and get some meat to make tacos for dinner. Go figure something else to do. And she wonders why I had a drink tonight. For those of you who know my back ground in this area I don't want to hear it. I love my wife to death but I made a decision that I was going to have on to chill myself out . Nicole does let me drink beer but I promised that I wouldn't touch the hard stuff again. I broke that promise tonight. I guess I'm looking for comments from the guys out there on what they do to deal with their significant others when they can't take anymore and are driven to do things that they may later regret.

5 comments:

Anthony said...

Hey Ryan,
this is Tony, LeeAnn's husband. I feel like you were writing things that I felt in my own head on your blog. The truth is I have too fallen on the priorities list because of the Internet. Not just blog world here, but MySpace as well. The Internet seems to be an addictive place for women right now. Personally it hurts me knowing that she has these connections with other guys and friends on here, JUST FRIENDS... I get real jealous and scared sometimes too. I trust her completely but the Internet has burned people that i know because they thought they knew somebody by chatting online. I 'm not trying to cut the women down, but it seems that they are trying to seek alternate attention elsewhere from others who will listen. If they would only stop and realize what they have right in front of them. The love they seek is right in front of them, all they have to do is take it. I have asked LeeAnn to cancel the Internet, I knew this wouldn't happen though. I'm longing for attention and doing everything I can to get it. LeeAnn has done much much better since we had a talk about the Internet. I cope with it by suppressing my feelings at times. I don't want her to think I'm trying to control her. The fact is I'm trying to get her to see what she has. We didn't have this Internet 9 years ago like we do now, so why does it have to be a big deal in her life today. She eats her breakfast at the Internet...
I can talk to her seriously about it and she listens. She is trying to cut back for me, and more importantly for US. If you need to vent have your wife give you my number and we can chat. We could go and shoot some pool or something. Hopefully this Internet thing is just a phase that will pass. Don't give up trying to talk to her. If you give up that communication line then it will all sink. Keep loving her and one day you'll get it back. All I can say is keep loving and never give up.
Check my blog I started, especially the first post I had. You'll find it rather interesting...
One Moment At A time that is my title. Give a shout back sometime.

Nicole said...

I'll repeat myself to you yet again.... exactly how many nights have you sat in front of the tv after Porter is in bed instead of doing your homework? Don't cry pity me over your homework when you know darn well you don't manage your time well. If you'd take advantage of the time you have WHEN you have it (as I do when I need to work on photography stuff... I work on 95% of the time at naptime or after P is in bed... RARELY do I work on it while he's awake) then you wouldn't find yourself up shit creek at a deadline with homework undone. Common sense, honey.

Nicole said...

One more thing, because I think everyone else also needs to see the "other side" to this...

Let's see... you spent your day cleaning the house while I took Porter to church. I stayed later so we didn't have to try to clean with him under our feet and messing everything up.

I guess during his "nap" aka... time in bed playing... you could have done homework, only.... you had to finish the bathroom that has sat for over 2 weeks unfinished. Again, how many nights are there in 2 weeks time... nights that Porter was in bed sleeping and you were watching the tube?

Also, another thing crossed my mind as you complained about "fixing lunch" and "getting him ready" and "playing with him when he got up from his nap early" and "woe is me I did a LOT of the parenting today"... honey... that sounds pretty damn similar to MY LIFE 5 days of the week. Do I have anyone else at home Monday through Friday to help me out with Porter? Nope.

And, one last thing. Yes, I'm on the computer a lot. But guess what, my job is dependent on the computer. Can I edit pictures or email clients or upload galleries or keep track of business bookwork without it? No. Do I use the computer for things other than work, hell yeah. Its not like I'm sitting here playing fantasy football or anything... want to know what I've been doing on the internet lately?
--Looking for Christmas presents for every freaking person in our family (because... have you even THOUGHT about that? no)
--researching unsafe baby bottles that we own and trying to figure out what brand will be safest to use that doesn't emit BPA when heated
--Working on holiday calendars that *we* will give to our family for Christmas gifts
--Designing and ordering *our* family Christmas Cards
--Researching different toys for Porter for Christmas and trying to find cheaper prices online because God knows if I just went to the store to look *I'd* have to take him with me and, well, you wouldn't know, but Christmas shopping with a 2 year old is not fun.
--And, of course, wasting time writing this comment to straighten your ass out.

I love you, honey.

Zoe said...

ryan, it was my fault nicole stayed in the nursery. she was there helping me. funny mark could care less if i blog, shop or browse all night on the net...does this mean he doesn't love me????

Kristi @ Mi Vida Ocupada said...

My man thinks he is priority #12 after blogging, which is total crap!! At least now I know I am not the only one getting crap for this!